Tomorrow we are headed on a one-week vacation to The Bahamas! I am so incredibly excited for a week away from our normal routine. It is good for the soul to take time (even if its just a weekend) to recharge!
My travel bag is always equipped with the essentials. I thought it would be fun to share some of them with you!
My Top 10 Essentials
- Advil/Excedrin/Pepto Bismol/Tampons
- I have found that having a selection of over-the-counter fixes are KEY when traveling internationally (or anywhere really) You never know how you will react in a new environment/new food so its better to be safe than sorry. You can pay almost 3x the amount on these same products when you purchase in the gift store.
- Travel Hairspray/Shampoo/Conditioner
- I don’t know about you but the hotel shampoo and conditioner is NEVER enough. It’s like enough for a small child MAYBE. I always buy travel shampoo/conditioner to bring or I will bring my own in travel approved containers.
- Aloe Lotion
- Aloe lotion is the best for daily use after being in the sun. It helps hydrate the skin so that you don’t end up peeling and losing that tan that you worked so hard for! Our favorite is the Aloe After Sun by Banana Boat.
- Sun Bum Sunscreen
- This is BY FAR my favorite brand. I have very sensitive skin and most sunscreens make my skin flare up and break out. Since switching to sun bum… I don’t get any breakouts! It is non-comedogenic, paraben free, cruelty free, gluten free, PABA free and oil free so there is no extra stuff in there to clog up my pores. You can purchase it here.
- Beach Tote
- I always pack a separate bag that we will use for going to the beach. Something I can throw our towels, sunscreen, hats, etc in and don’t have to worry about it getting sandy. I like the ones that are plastic so that they can be easily rinsed off.
- Eye Drops
- Have you ever gotten sunscreen in your eye!? Well let me save you the struggle and tell you IT IS HORRIBLE. Eye drops are essential when traveling to somewhere warm. You eyes may be irritated by the chlorine or sunscreen and it’s nice to have a quick fix handy in the room.
- Mini Handheld Steamer
- Nothing kills your vibe worse than wrinkles on your clothes. Your clothes have been packed into a small bag and probably don’t look as great as they did when you packed it originally. Luckily this steamer is the PERFECT thing to travel with. You can fill it with a water bottle and it gets rid of wrinkles super quick!
- Bag for Dirty Clothes
- I always bring an extra small bag for my dirty clothes/undergarments. It helps to keep it separate so when you get home you know what needs to be washed
- Wireless Speaker
- We got in the habit of bringing a portable speaker with us when we travel. It’s fun to have it in the room while getting ready or you can take it to the pool/beach with you.
- Passport – Duh!
- Make sure you check well in advance that your passport is not expired if you are traveling internationally.