Nothing feels better than going away on a trip and feeling organized. I have put together my list of 5 things you must have in your carry-on that I swear by! I also wrote a blog post about my 10 Essentials Items to Pack When Traveling to the Caribbean if you are interested in that!
It is important that you choose a carry-on bag that is large enough for all of your things. Nothing is worse than having a bag that is too small and you are forced to just shove things in places that they don’t fit. My FAVORITE travel carry-on bag is this one. I love that it is large enough to fit all my things/laptop/etc. and yet still looks stylish. It also has an inside pocket that is nice for organizing cords/small items.
What’s In My Carry-On?
- Phone charger/Laptop charger
- My favorite airplane snacks are teddy grahams, pretzels or cheez-its (yes, I know I am a child.)
- I also purchase a water to take with me once I am through security
- Advil/Excedrin/Pepto Bismol/Tampons/Chapstick
- I have found that having a selection of over-the-counter fixes are KEY when traveling internationally (or anywhere really) You never know how you will react in a new environment/new food so its better to be safe than sorry. You can pay almost 3x the amount on these same products when you purchase in the gift store.
- Neck Pillow/Blanket
- Neck pillows are always something you don’t necessarily want to spend money on but they are SO worth it. I find it is the only way I can sleep on a plane. I also have saved a small, thin blanket from a previous flight that I bring with me if I have extra room in my bag. They are always way overpriced at the airport so I recommend this $13.99 pillow from amazon.
- I am not much of a reader but I do love podcasts or catching up on TV shows. I always make sure that I bring my laptop (fully charged) and make sure that all of my shows/music are downloaded fully before we leave.