Our outdoor patio space is one of my absolute favorite places in our home to entertain but I’m not going to lie… sometimes outdoor spaces can feel like a challenge to decorate! You can’t use the walls around the space to add decor so it’s important that you pick furniture pieces, planters, rugs and pillows that can make your outdoor space feel cozy like your home does inside.
This weekend Wayfair is having a memorial day sale and I thought I would share some of my favorite outdoor items that they have available! I know 2020 hasn’t been what any of us expected and since we are all stuck at home… we might as well make it a place we love and can enjoy, right?!
I have selected some options below to show you some of my favorite items and show you what I would select if I was redoing my outdoor space.
Outdoor Decorating Tips:
- Stick within a color palette so that even if items aren’t from the same set, they appear to go together. Example: wicker furniture pieces, dark/light wood tones, gold accents
- Add ALL THE PLANTS! Greenery is a fantastic way to add some color and character to a space and really bring it to life
- You know I am a lover of neutrals but sometimes by adding a few throw pillows that have a pop of color can help spruce up a space
- Add outdoor string lights! These ALWAYS make a space feel cozy
- Don’t hesitate to add outdoor rugs! That’s what they are made for! They are the perfect way to ground a space and make it feel like you brought the inside, out
- Add pillows that have texture so help add that extra bit of cozy!